Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Begin Smart Books

Haley got a few books for Christmas that she already had, so I exchanged them at the book store. One of the books I got her was What does baby do? It's a cute book designed for babies from 6 - 12 months. It features cute baby skills like waving and blowing kisses, all with pictures under large flaps. Haley enjoys reaching for the pages, although she hasn't yet figured out how to lift the flap and reveal the underlying picture. This book also gets me excited as I anticipate Haley learning to imitate the babies in the pictures.
Begin Smart: What Does Baby Do?
The whole Begin Smart series is wonderful. The books are color coded by age group and each book is written to help babies develop throughout their first years. The books have information for parents on the back. They discuss stages of development and tips for reading with your little one. The website is also full of good tips and information.
These books are fun to read and to look at. They are very engaging for little listeners. I hope that I will be adding more of these books to my library soon.

No comments: