Monday, December 21, 2009

Wrapping Presents My Way

'Create

For several years I sat around our large dining room table perfecting the art of wrapping gifts in beautifully colored paper. Then topping them off with a gift tag and a bow. I took great pride in my ability to wrap books and boxes using only 3 pieces of tape.

(from google image search)

These days I still enjoy wrapping presents but I'm hoping to work towards a more green approach. I like my mom's method of stuffing all of a person's gifts in a large grocery bag that can then be reused. Although it's a bit anticlimactic. I also like the Sirin's use of newspapers and magazines, the theme of the article tends to match up pretty well to the person receiving the gift.

But, the method I think will become my way is cloth gift bags, topped off with a ribbon. I got the idea from a close friend but also saw it at how does she.... I hope in the next few years to make several simple bags of various sizes to reuse each Christmas.

This year I might have to stick to the old way since since money is a bit tight; or more likely all gifts will be wrapped in baby girl themed gift bags and tissue paper. But, next year I will be excited to see a slew of cute holiday bags under the tree.

And that's wrapping Christmas present My Way! I look forward to hearing about your way of wrapping.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi! I just found you on Top Baby Blog and have enjoyed your blog.

Looking forward to following it!

Vanessa Washburn said...

I love this idea from BobbyRobin
http://www.bobbyrobin.co.nz/2009/12/guest-blogger-debra-diy-christmas.html

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.